An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the UK’s fastest growing and successful banking providers in a senior deal structuring role in the Thames Valley.
You will be required to assist in developing, building and managing the Leveraged Finance activity and achieve targeted levels of profitability, return on capital and origination. You will also work to achieve a high level of credit quality and operate to high standards of risk/credit management.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Propose, negotiate and execute leveraged finance facilities to support the acquisition and growth of UK SME companies by private equity firms. Analyse the business and financial performance of prospective customers and ensure debt structures are appropriate to meet their needs. Identify, minimise and mitigate risks. Assist with the end-to-end credit process, including: due diligence review, financial modelling, writing of credit papers, presentation to credit, client negotiation and completion of legal documentation.
- Assist with the origination of new business in the leveraged finance market, including participation in client and intermediary meetings, preparation of pitches, and attendance at market events and conferences.
- Interact effectively with the members of the wider structured finance origination and portfolio teams, receive feedback in a positive manner and give constructive feedback to colleagues. Effective communication with internal stakeholders is key, e.g. regional business centres, operations and credit.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Report all issues of regulatory concern to the line manager and the operations director/bank legal & compliance director where appropriate.
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in the leveraged finance market, preferably bank lending or equivalent role in an accounting firm or diligence provider.
- Basic understanding of credit products and bank lending practices.
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills
- Strongly analytical.
- Good understanding of financial statements and ability to analyse them.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel would be useful.
- Some experience in cash flow modelling.
- General awareness of the UK lending/banking market.
- Good customer service, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Good commercial and financial acumen.
- Good team work skills combined with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport, in order to engage colleagues and gain support of peers.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with all business areas.
- Influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with colleagues and higher levels of management.
- High levels of drive, energy and personal commitment to success.
- Ability to package and present ideas in a persuasive manner.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Results orientated, holds self-accountable.
Excellent Basic Salary + Car Allowance + Bonus + Bank Benefits