Ref: W-12853 | category: Invoice Finance
Location: Central London
Posted: 7th January 2020
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Invoice Finance Risk professional to join an expanding global finance business in the heart of the City of London. This is a unique opportunity to work for a market leading business operating out of over 30 countries around the world, specialising in financing confirmed invoices of small and medium-sized enterprises through invoice discounting in emerging and underserved markets.
The purpose of the role is to support all operational activity. Primarily your role will be to ensure the efficient operational administration of all aspects related to the company’s clients as required. This is a focused role where the ideal candidate must be able to take instruction but also be a self-starter who shows initiative to continually improve operational processes. You must also be comfortable working within a small but busy and dynamic environment, and be comfortable working to deadlines.
• Information Management – capture new and updated client information, ensuring everything is correctly and logically stored on a cloud-based network. This may include obtaining and updating financial information for all clients, ensuring they are meeting their financial and operational covenants.
• Disbursements – setting up disbursements to clients by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; and obtaining payment authorisations.
• Reconciliations – reconciling interest income by verifying transaction information against bank account activity; computing charges and refunds; and preparing and distributing invoices.
• Account Discrepancies – identifying delinquent accounts and investigating further by liaising with clients and resolving issues which may include collecting any outstanding payments
• Financial Reports – preparing daily financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends
• Account Ledgers – maintaining account ledgers
• Financial Security – maintaining company standards on accounting controls
• General Support – assist with adhoc operations activities as directed.
• 1-2 years’ experience and educated to degree level or equivalent in Finance, Economics or Accounting
• Mastery of MS Office, particularly Excel. Understanding of asset-backed or factoring software would be a bonus.
• Previous experience in financial services (ideally within an Operations team or an asset-backed lending business) with an interest in social impact
• Self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a small, dynamic but high-pressured environment with confidence and competence
• Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines are a must
• Written and oral English and Spanish (other languages would also be a bonus)
In return the successful candidate will be rewarded with an excellent basic salary plus a range of additional benefits.