Our client, one of the UK’s leading challenger Banks requires an enthusiastic and driven mortgage underwriter to join their growing team in the South East.
As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will be responsible for making sure that appropriate mortgage lending decisions are made for customers in a well-timed manner. As a part of your role, you will provide support to colleagues on all mortgage enquires and applications.
- Supporting and guiding colleagues on all matters relating to the underwriting and mortgage completion
- Making mortgage lending decisions in line with delegated lending authority and Bank’s lending policy
- Managing high volumes of new applications and enquiries and completing them within our service-level-agreements
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, the company and the clients.
- In order to hit the ground running, you will have experience in mortgage underwriting. This may be exclusively Residential, Buy-to-let or Second Charge/Bridging Finance.
- You need to have a good understanding of the current mortgage industry trends, competitors and products (including portfolio buy-to-let, limited company buy-to-let, near/subprime, shared ownership and government lending schemes).
- Naturally, you will have knowledge of mortgage regulation and legal requirements surrounding mortgage underwriting.
- To be successful in this role, you will have experience of mortgage assessment techniques and tools.
- If you have a CeMAP qualification, that would be beneficial, however this is not essential.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary + excellent benefits package.