An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Manager to join one of the world’s leading business to business lending software providers. This innovative and market leading software solution is used by a large number of banks and financial institutions in the UK, Europe and internationally.
This position will involve working with some of our clients’ largest customers to develop and protect the company’s commercial relationships with a range of internationally renowned financial service providers.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining key relationships with a portfolio of customers, building and delivering on strategic account development plans through a deep knowledge of the company’s customer’s needs. You will be required to have a curious mind and be prepared to work with some complex organisations where it can take time and effort to establish relationships with key decision makers. You will work closely with colleagues across the team and wider business. You will therefore need to be comfortable operating in an IT systems-based environment to build up a sound knowledge of the products and services provided. Our client requires a candidate with strong communication skills and a positive can-do attitude to fill this demanding position.
- Be the key relationship contact point for a nominated portfolio of clients at various stages of their life cycle.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the delivery of Key Account Plans for customers in the portfolio which identify the key objectives, motivations and needs of our customers and their key stakeholders so that our client may improve its commercial position with their clients over time.
- Maximise income from a nominated portfolio of clients through various methods including cross-sales, license sales, promotion of professional services and other initiatives.
- Responsibility for ensuring strong commercial performance of client contracts within the portfolio. Safeguarding revenue and profitability at all times. This includes addressing commercial disputes or billing issues in a proactive manner.
- Negotiate commercial matters with a nominated portfolio of clients including annual service level agreements and the sale of services and products.
- Regularly visit a nominated portfolio of clients to discuss commercial and strategic matters relevant to their relationship with the company and act as an escalation point on operational matters.
- Provide a voice of the customer within the organisation ensuring all parts of the business are aware of the customers concerns and needs and that the impact they have on them is clearly articulated.
- Provide a point of escalation for the customer on all matters of the product or service delivery, liaising with relevant internal stakeholders to deliver effective and robust responses that align with the strategic value of the customer.
- Maintain accurate records on the company’s internal systems including CRM and marketing databases, time recording and billing systems. This includes ensuring all client and opportunity related data is accurate and up to date at all times.
Key Skills & Requirements:
The successful candidate will be able to display a successful track record in managing client relationships and strategic account development in addition to the following:
- Evidence of income generation through client relationships
- Experience of corporate finance with a preference for knowledge of invoice finance or a related industry
- Knowledge of IT systems in a business environment would be of a benefit
- Foreign language an advantage although not essential
- Establishes strong, trusting relationships with others based on being a trusted advisor
- Enjoys creating opportunities from challenging situations
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Takes ownership of problems and uses own initiative
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Committed to self-development
Applications will be particularly welcomed from candidates with a background in banking, commercial lending, software solutions and/or consumer credit.
There will be the requirement for occasional travel through the UK and Europe.
You will rewarded with a market leading salary + significant benefits package and generous bonus scheme