Ref: W-12879 | category: Asset Based LendingInvoice DiscountingInvoice FinanceInvoice Financing
Location: South West
Posted: 3rd April 2020
One of the leading providers of Business Finance in the UK seeks a Head of Risk to join their expanding Receivables Finance team.
In this senior operational role you will be responsible for ensuring that risk is controlled across the client portfolio to acceptable standards as agreed with the Risk Director. You will be a dynamic leader, managing a team of risk specialists and supporting the company’s risk exposure across a number of product areas. You will need to display sound commercial, legal and insolvency awareness, in addition to a sound understanding of financial accounting and associated problem solving capability.
• Manage all aspects of Risk with a particular focus on Client/Credit risk in line with the internal risk framework including operational risk, client and prospect facility underwriting/sanctioning, portfolio/client risk management and recoveries.
• Ensure risk is controlled within the group’s standards in order to minimise bad debt.
• Work closely with the management teams in structuring and monitoring operational client/credit risk across the group.
• Ensure continued portfolio and revenue growth are supported by robust risk management processes.
• Ensure all recommendations from internal audits are followed up and implemented where accepted.
• Underwriting new and revised/renewed proposals within agreed discretion authority limits.
• The successful candidate will be able to show a successful track record within commercial finance operations, credit and risk. A background in Invoice Finance is highly preferable however it is not essential.
• Commercial, legal and insolvency awareness.
• Dynamic leadership skills.
• Excellent problem solving capabilities.
• Detailed understanding of operational risk.
You will be rewarded with outstanding career potential and a market leading salary plus car, pension, bonus and other associated benefits