An exciting opportunity has become available for a Bridging Underwriter to join a leading provider of Alternative Finance for Businesses, based from their head offices in North London.
Key Responsibilities for the role of Bridging Underwriter
- Manage a pipeline of cases in a fast-paced environment dealing with high volume workflows and prioritising accordingly.
- Underwrite bridging loan applications within company lending criteria and funding partners guidelines by making quality lending decisions and articulate them fully.
- To be responsible for all underwriting queries and resolution of issues.
- Be alert to the risks attributed to an application ensuring that the loan is both suitable and fit for purpose.
- Recommending appropriate mitigation of risks where possible.
- Ensure that the principles of the Heads of Terms are adhered to, in full, throughout the processing of the application. Recommending alternatives where necessary as a deal progresses.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Follow and keep up to date with current best practice and regulatory requirements in line with company training.
- Ensure communication between internal departments and with external partners is clear and concise at all times.
- Keep all internal systems up to date.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bridging or short-term lending and property related lending underwriting experience gained with a lender preferred.
- Must have development experience.
- Experience of underwriting regulated loans preferred.
- Detailed understanding of organised fraud and measures/systems in place to avoid it.
- Ability to adopt a pragmatic approach to underwriting ideally with a specialist lender.
- Able to demonstrate you are proactive, hardworking, flexible and able to work under own initiative but also as a team player.
- Able to prioritise effectively to manage multiple underwriting functions.
- Commercially aware with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexible approach to working to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary + bonus + excellent benefits package.